Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3 of 31 Day Challenge:
KB Shimmer "Jack"
Girly Bits "Howl at the Moon"

Thursday.. the third day (any FRIENDS lovers out there?). Today I decided to "hit 2 birds with one stone" by using these 2 indies:
Jack by KB Shimmer and Howl at the Moon by Girly Bits

Let's start off with Jack. Jack can be described as a black jelly polish containing orange hex glitters in several sizes and micro orange bars. Whenever I have a black jelly, I tend to use it over a black creme base so as to preserve the polish by using fewer coats. I decided to use Jack over China Glaze Smoke & Ashes:
Howl at the Moon is similar to Jack in that the glitters are in a black jelly base, but instead of orange hexes and bars of various sizes, it contains gold hex glitters in various sizes. In a way, this polish's color combination reminds me a little of Deborah Lippmann's Cleopatra in New York. As with Jack, I used Smoke & Ashes as a base:
After using these polishes, I'm very glad I decided to purchase them. Application was flawless, and the glitters spread evenly quite easily. The following swatch shows both polishes over a Smoke & Ashes base:
I used:
Essie Grow Stronger
2 coats China Glaze Smoke & Ashes
2 coats KB Shimmer Jack
2 coats Girly Bits Howl at the Moon (accent nail)
1 coat Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Jack can be purchased at the KB Shimmer website, Etsy shop, and from Harlow & Co. You can find Howl at the Moon at the Girly Bits Big Cartel shop (which should be back up tomorrow), MeiMeiSignature.com, and Llarowe

NOTE: The polishes discussed in this post were purchased by me. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment