Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2 of 31 Day Challenge:
Rainbow Polish "Taffy"

It's day 2, and I thought I'd try out a glitter/jelly sandwich using an indie glitter topper that I was really excited to buy:
Taffy by Rainbow Polish

This glitter sandwich is what I was most excited about trying. I had been looking out for this polish since I first learned about this indie brand. Taffy is a pastel glitter topper containing a mixture of light blues, aquas, pink, lime green and white hexes and squares. Application was not as great as I would have hoped for a glitter topper seeing as it was difficult for me to get glitter on the brush. I needed to shake the bottle between application, and I still needed to somewhat "fish" for some of the larger pieces of glitter. Application aside, the result was amazing, especially in combination with Nfu-Oh JS-29 as shown below:
I used:
Julep Basecoat
1 coat Nfu-Oh JS-29
1 coat Rainbow Polish Taffy
1 coat Nfu-Oh JS-29
1 coat Rainbow Polish Taffy
1 coat Nfu-Oh JS-29
1 coat Rainbow Polish Taffy

You can purchase Taffy at MeiMeiSignatures.com or the Rainbow Polish Etsy or Big Cartel shop. Be sure to check out the Rainbow Polish Facebook page for updates on restocks and previews of upcoming polishes and specials.

NOTE: The polishes discussed in this post were purchased by me. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment