Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tryst Lacquers: Liaison in London

I was very excited when I saw that Kim (@kimberlymaranan on IG) decided to start her own line of polishes. The previews were so exciting, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on some of those babies! One of the ones I was mostly looking forward to trying was:
Liaison in London by Tryst Lacquers

Liaison in London is described as a medium dusty red jelly-creme (aka "crelly") based filled with tiny black and white hexes. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of reds/pinks on my skin tone, but when I swatched this on my "IG fingers," I had to put in on the rest! I loved it THAT much. The formula was absolutely amazing. Being a "crelly" polish, it is somewhat sheer, but this polish is totally build-able. The best strategy for these types of polishes is to apply them in THIN coats. The first coat was sheer, and it was for the most part opaque in about 3-4 coats. The following swatches show 4 thin coats with topcoat:
The following swatches are from a different angle, making the polish appear to be a darker shade of red (the swatches above are more color accurate):
Here's a close up shot to better illustrate the jelly-ness of this polish:
With this being my first experience with Tryst Lacquers, I was very impressed, and I'm very excited to see where this line goes! Kim is in the process of moving to a new shop, and the polishes currently available in her Etsy shop are at a reduced price so you should definitely check them out and get them while you can! Kim also has weekly specials including "Fab Friday" where a selected polish is 50% off for 24hrs. How great is that?! Check out the Tryst Lacquers Facebook page and follow her on IG (@trystlacquers) for previews of upcoming polishes and swatches from the amazing Kim herself.

NOTE: The polishes discussed in this post were purchased by me. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment