Sunday, February 3, 2013

Julep Maven It Girl Box:
February 2013

Having skipped last month's box because I'm not really a fan of nudes, I was definitely happy about this month's box. I'm typically an It Girl, and every month I don't typically feel the need to switch style profiles. This month was no different. 

The theme for this month's box was glamor and "Get on the A-List." With that theme, Julep brought out all things glamorous, from the colors to the added eyelash curler. Some months, Julep adds cute little added extras (e.g., candy and what not), and because this month has Valentine's Day, they threw in some chocolate hearts, which I thought was very cute. Here is the full view of what I received in this month's box:
A better view of the added bonus eyelash curler: 
The 3 colors that came in my It Girl box:
Joan, Rebel, and Marion by Julep
The bonus gift: 
Freedom Polymer Top Coat

Starting with Joan (after Joan Crawford): a raspberry plum creme with subtle gold shimmer throughout. The formula and application was great with this polish, and you can definitely see the gold shimmer throughout this polish. The following swatch shows 2 coats of Joan:
Next up is Marion (after Marion Cotillard), a smokey blue with a subtle silver shimmer. The silver shimmer wasn't as prominent on the nail as it is in the bottle as you can see in the swatch below, but it's still a gorgeous shade of blue in my opinion. Then again, I've always been partial to anything blue. That aside, look at how beautiful this polish is. The swatch below shows 2 coats of Marion:
I wanted to add a little extra something to this color because I loved this blue so I used my new LeaLacC #8 stamping plate (from Llarowe) to add cute little chemical structures as accents using Julep Harley:
 Meet my thumb as he makes his first blog appearance (LOL):
Last, but definitely not least, is Rebel (after Rebel Wilson), a crazy pretty silver holographic polish. You can somewhat see the holographic quality that this polish has. In person, the rainbow goodness shows up in basically every lit setting. Application and formula were great. The following swatches show Rebel in 2 coats:
Here's Rebel at a different angle to better show the holo goodness present in this amazing silver polish:
Keep in mind this was really difficult to photograph (considering I use my iPhone for all of my images). With that said, this baby looks totally amazeballs in person.

If you didn't already know about the Julep Maven program, the Julep Maven program is a $19.99/mo subscription with at least $40 worth of products. Keep in mind that each polish is typically $14! There's no commitment, and you can skip a month or cancel anytime. Being a Maven also gives you access to 20% off any products in their store. 

You can get your first box for a penny using the code PENNY when you check out. If you want to try out this program (US and Canada only), click the following link: here or type the referral code 3049200 at check out. I hope if you do try out this program that you love it as much as I do. 

NOTE: The products discussed in this post were purchased by me. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment